Thursday, October 19, 2006

I want to enjoy it...

So I went to McDonald's the other day, craving a Big Mac. I remember many-a-roadtrip with my family and we would stop at McDonald's. "Mark, what do you want?" my parents would ask.

"Big Mac, large fry, medium Coke," I would enthusiastically respond.

There are a lot of memories behind the Big Mac: riding to West Virginia in the Lincoln Continental (even though I had to sit in the back in the middle because that is where the youngest sat :-\ ), Saturday band trips, spring break trips to Florida with my family which included my cousin that sniffs constantly and doesn't stop talking many times and decided to use half a can of hairspray in an enclosed van.

On with the story... This is what I found on the box as I received my treat:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 sandwich (215.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32.5g 50%
Saturated Fat 12.0g 60%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.8g
Monounsaturated Fat 14.1g
Cholesterol 103mg 34%
Sodium 742mg 31%
Total Carbohydrates 38.7g 13%
Protein 31.8g
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 9%
Iron 31%
Nutritional Units 14


I DON'T CARE! I just want to enjoy my Big Mac in peace and fat and harmony. Good Lord... Oh well, as I completely inhaled my "two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun," I wanted buy another just to spite the carb count on there. I know, I know, there are some that would say, "Mark, that is totally not good for you." Well, sometimes ya just gotta be bad. Why be good when it feels so good to be bad, right? As Mark Lowry says, "Die young, make a pretty corpse." Ok, I crossed the line there...

3 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

double double cheese cheese burger burger please

Missy said...

I miss your sarcasm! :) Been to Dairy Queen for a Dilly Bar lately? :)

TaBooBoo said...

Hey Mark.... remember me? I am that crazy german girl, who was sitting next to you at the avalon concert.
I just wanted to agree with you. Who cares about the nutrition facts on a BIG MÄC or a QUARTER POUNDER... or whatever. It is Mc Donalds. It is fat and unhealthy anyways... I mean it is MC DONALDS and I love it:)