Tuesday, September 26, 2006

life moves on...




Well, life as I know it here in Ohio has come to the end of a season again. It's usually when you are starting to feel like things are rolling along pretty well and then God says that it's time to turn things around a bit. Kris Kuester, my co-worker and great friend, is moving to Atlanta. It's a great opportunity for him and Trudy and Maddie. And here's the funny thing: he started his new job the weekend after we went to 5 different venues at Cypress. Talk about crazy and talk about God needing to do what He does best: take over where we can't. But ya know, as Clairie says: "That which does not kill us only makes us stronger." (o.k., I realize that she was not the first one to say that but I like quoting Steel Magnolias, what can I say)


But you know what? I have found a new creative space. True, it is practically insanity with 5 venues within a Saturday night and Sunday morning, and there are days that I would rather stick my hand in a meat slicer (umm, I guess Children of the Corn was not a good rental choice...) but God is good to me with volunteers and people stepping up in the arts department and people coming forward to start using their talents.
Is there anyone else that misses Chris Farley? He makes me laugh. Oh, movie, Akeelah and the Bee: just watched it Sunday night. Great movie, although the end was a little sugary. I do like this, though: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate; our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

1 comment:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Jason is always saying that quote...Great minds think alike!! 5 venues? I think I'd die of a heart attack. BTW- what's the 411 on Homecomeing????